Single-dose or unit-dose packaging did not become popular until the arrival of the industrial revolution, with the dispensing of drugs to avoid quantity errors and to optimise costs. However, single-dose packaging has been gaining ground and its use has been diversified in different sectors.
The stick pack is nowadays probably considered as the star single-dose format. For some sectors, it is not only a compact, practical and lightweight package, perfect for the consumer's lifestyle; it is also modern, attractive and allows for a good brand image.
- What is a Stick pack?
The name comes from its "Stick" format, which is pretty defining. The quantity of its content is not standard, that is to say that each product or brand chooses the ideal dosage. We find therefore in the pharmaceutical sector, small formats of Stick pack with micro-dosages, until Stick packs with generous amounts for the food sector or other similar ones.
It is also important to understand that there are no limitations when packaging products with different finishes:
- solid units (e.g. candy).
- Characteristics of the Stick pack format
As we mentioned, a Stick pack is a structure, the packaging is therefore created thanks to a printed bobbin. We see that it creates a "facing" used to apply the product’s graphic design, and a back where we can see the sealing of the reel and that contains secondary information.
Each stick pack is unique and reflects the personality of the brand and the product. Therefore, it knows no limitations with the possibility of choosing the width and height of the package and at the design level, it can print a large number of inks, have metallized finishes, transparencies... Every little detail counts!
At the format level there is also a range of varieties to choose from. Aranow has different types of Stick pack giving creative solutions to the precise needs of each sector.
The standard solution that generates thousands of adaptations.
Perfect solution for products of unit sale to the final consumer.
Ideal for packaging complementary products together on the same Stick but independently . Created for the food and pharmaceutical sectors.
Initially developed for the cosmetics sector, it achieves product differentiation through unique design and improved dosage.
- Stick pack product applications
Below we review the usage of the Stick pack in the different sectors and give examples of its most common applications:
Food and beverages market
- Sugar, stevia, sweetener, honey, jam
- Salt, pepper, spices, seasonings
- Flour, baking powder
- Olive oil, sunflower oil, vinegar, soybean, salad dressings
- Soluble coffee, instant coffee, classic coffee, cocoa powder, cappuccino, tea
- Sauce, ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard
- Powdered drinks
See more single-dose packaging solutions for any food.
Dairy product market
- Milk, powdered milk, fermented milk, kefir
- Liquid yogurt, lassi, cream
- Condensed milk
- Butter, margarine, ghee
- Fresh cheese, quark, paneer
- Ice cream
Discover more single-dose packaging options for dairy products
Pharmaceutical and nutritional sector
- Anti-inflammatory drugs, analgesics, antipyretics, antithrombotics, etc.
- Antiseptic gel
- Food supplements
More examples of pharmaceutical products packaged with Stick pack
- Shower gel, shampoo, conditioner
- Tonic, moisturizing cream, serum, shave cream
See specific applications for the cosmetic market
More solutions for sweets
- I want to pack my product in Stick pack
It is very important to know that a specific automatic filling machine is needed, which also creates the tubular shape of the Stick.
For more than 15 years, Aranow have specialised in the design and manufacture of single-dose packaging machinery. We develop high quality solutions for different industries, becoming a reliable partner for your company.
To do this, the first thing is to know your product, know your production needs and your production line. From there, our team will take care of through an audit, advise you at all times and assess the optimal solution. After producing a machine that is completely tailored to the company, regardless of your production volume, Aranow will train the staff and provide you with customer service from day one.
Aranow presents itself not only as an expert in single-dose packaging, but as a partner that can help you in making such strategic decisions as this, without losing sight of the return on investment. We have different success stories where you can know first hand, examples of companies that have purchased our machinery.
Here we leave you the video demo of the stick pack packaging machine for all sectors, an1000. With a simple and compact design, it provides free access to the main components, without tools, and allows a quick and easy transition. In addition, its intuitive operating system is easy to use.
- Benefits of Stick Pack Packaging
There is no doubt that the Stick Pack has quickly established as a convenient everyday single-dose packaging. Let's quickly highlight the 5 main benefits that have led it to become the most popular packaging:
- Convenience and portability are the key advantages of this packaging. It is a growing format as "take away" or "on the go" products became popular and promoted a reflection of a lifestyle.
- Its small and compact size makes it discreet, a quality highly appreciated in the pharmaceutical world. Moreover, the precise dosage and the perfect hygiene of the package make it a new formula.
- Its simplicity of use makes it a suitable format for products of all types and suitable for any type of public (from children, adults or the elderly).
- It’s an sustainable investment since it is considered to be environmentally friendly packaging. Due to its small footprint, it uses less plastic and paper than other types of packaging with less waste. It means a saving of around 25-45% less material compared to other formats.
- Profitability of the production line. Since these are small packages produced on dedicated machines, production rates are high and costs per item are low. Therefore the Stick pack is consolidated as a very economic and efficient form.
It is easy to see that the success of the stick pack is not only for the final consumer, but it also represents a powerful marketing and production optimization tool for companies.
We are eager to know your product, share doubts and evaluate solutions together. Every project means a new challenge for aranow. Don't hesitate to contact us for personalised advice.